Old May 7th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Getting to old to crawl around the attic

"Bob D." wrote in message
m...
I'm about to string up some new coax and instead of fighting my attic,
I've decided to just go through the wall. I'm not trying to hide the coax
(it's on a secluded side of the house), but I do want it to be neat and
secure. I have vinyl siding, any advice for attachment? (I've seen nail-on
clips for RG58/59 but none for RG8.) Also, is there any way to dress up
the hole for the coax? Maybe some kind of tube that has a flange? BTW,
this is RG8.

--
Bob D. ND9B

If you only have one or two pieces of coax to run through the wall you may
want to look at one of the very long (6 ot 10 inch) barrel type connectors.
I think you can find some nail in clamps for conduit. It will be somewhat
bigger than the coax. Maybe some big staples made for wiring, just be sure
to find a solid board behind the vinyl to nail to.