Old May 6th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Cato Cato is offline

Default Canada hahaha!

Beerbar wrote:

OK...I apologize for my comments. It was actually meant to stir up
few other souls in this group. It was not actually aimed at you. I'm
47 and will be returning for my third trip soon. I have a kid in
college and another fixing to start. Do you think that I want to go?
Hell no, but I'll do my duty as I have for the last 27 years. You can
probably see why it burns me to no end when I have to read the
garbage
that Mike writes. That is what leads me to make the comments that I
do. I can't control what my government does. I vote at every
election.
I will support Bush because he is our elected official just as I
supported Bill Clinton. I will never make fun of the president of
this
country no matter who it is. I get tired of uninformed idiots like
Mike making worthless comments.

Cato replys:
For what it's worth Beerbar, thankyou, and apology
accepted, and I will probably stick around and try to be a little more
thick skinned when I read stuff.
I don't know whether it is Iraq, or Afghanistan that you are
returning to for another tour of duty, but be safe, best of luck, and
return safely to your family. And if you happen to be in Kandahar, and
happen to run into a tall, dirty blond, blue eyed Canadian soldier, a
private by the name of David, (unless he happens to make corporal),
ask him if he is from St. Catharines. Join him for a few beers, and
swap some stories. Canadians and Americans for the most part are
pretty much the same. (Unless they're from French speaking Quebec.) I
better watch it, now I am insulting someone.) :-)
Most Canadians and Americans are great fantastic
people. There are a few insulting idiots in both countrys. That is
just how things are. Most of us are good men Beerbar, as I believe you
are.
Check this out. Maybe you saw the movie..... It seems
that when you take Americans and Canadians, and combine them in a
single force, they are unbeatable. We can work really good together.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Brigade

Cato