Old May 7th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Larry Weil Larry Weil is offline

Default NEAR-Fest, where do the profits go?

In article ,
Eric wrote:

Just got back from NEAR-Fest in Deerfield, NH, and while I have to say it
ain't no Hosstraders (yet), still it was a very welcome event and I
enjoyed it, and it has the potential to grow in the full Hosstraders
tradition.

Speaking of the "Hosstraders tradition", I was just wondering if anyone
knows where the profits from this event are going.

Hosstraders was always held to benefit the Shriners Burn Center (or the
Shriners organization in general, I don't recall which), and from all
reports resulted in a large check to that organization twice a year. I'm
sure they will miss it.

Anyone know which charity (if any) will benefit from NEAR-Fest?

This was discussed at the prize drawing at the end. First, the want to
build up enough of a reserve so they can still have another hamfest even
if they get two washouts in a row. After that, they will be
contributing to ham radio related causes. They plan to post all the
financial info on the web site once the accounting is complete.

73 de KC1IH

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH