Old May 7th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default MFJ-259B coils

Yep!!! My MFJ-259B has lots of guts too.
The dipper coils are used to make the Analyzer operate like a grid dip meter.
Extremely useful for tuning traps, tanks, etc. They are an accessory to the
Analyzer; I think the part number for them is MFJ-66.
There are two coils in the set, one for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz, the other covers 20
MHz to 170 MHz.

Assuming that these dipper coils are connected to a PL259 plug for
connecting to the MFJ259B 's SO239 socket , it should not be too
difficult to homebrew the coils .........I'll have a go at that.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH