Old May 7th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller Gene Fuller is offline

Default MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
The 1and1.com server that I subscribe to for w5dxp.com
will not process the .EZ files generated by EZNEC. I
received this reply from :

"In order to get thee working, we need to have the MIME
type for the .EZ file extension installed on the server.
To do this, please contact the company that created the
EZ filetype and ask them to provide to you the MIME type
type for that extension. Let us know what it is so we
can add it."

That leaves me in a quandary. The author of EZNEC has
ploinked me, asked me not to send him emails, and therefore
I have zero customer support for EZNEC. Could someone reply
to this posting so w7el will see it and, hopefully, put aside
his personal vendetta long enough to answer the customer
service question which not only affects my web page but
also the w2du.com web page?

Cecil,

I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.

What is the problem?

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

73,
Gene
W4SZ