Old May 7th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default MIME type for .EZ files?

Gene Fuller wrote:
Yeah, I know. I am still trying to figure out why anyone would load a
3.8 MHz coil with a 1975 ohm resistor rather than a whip. Does that work
well in the 75 meter shootouts?

No, but it works well for using EZNEC to prove the author
of EZNEC absolutely wrong. :-)

Take a look at the 3.8 MHz current through the 75m
Bugcatcher coil on my website. It is virtually flat
indicating that reflections have been eliminated.
Yet the phase shift through that coil on 3.8 MHz
is close to 38 degrees. That's a magnitude away
from the measured phase shift reported by w8ji
and w7el. Your previous postings indicate that you
agree with me, Gene, but just cannot bring yourself
to disagree with your guru friends.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com