Old May 7th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Eric F. Richards Eric F. Richards is offline

Default (OT) : M II - Be Proud And Happy That You Are A Canada -and- Grow Out Of The American Angst !

"ve3..." wrote:

On May 7, 1:48 pm, D Peter Maus wrote:
ve3... wrote:

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""
If you really want Canadians to cease their comments on US life, all
you have to do is stop posting anti-Canadian slanders on this website.
Then we will go away and tend to our own affairs. It is very simple.
Just stop!

As someone who works with Canadians every day, this statement is
simply not true.
There is not a day goes by that my Canadian colleagues take shots at the US. To date, without provocation.

Interesting. Are you working in Canada or the US? How come there are
so many Canadians in your work group? What kind of shots do they take?

I can't and won't speak for Peter, but I can speak for myself. I live
on the Front Range of Colorado. I was working a table at a hamfest
when a couple came up to me, he with a Canadian accent. It turns out
he was stationed at Cheyenne Mountain -- a joint US/Canadian command
-- and was also an active radio enthusiast.

I asked him how he was finding his experience in America to be, and
his wife just *exploded* on me about how stupid Americans are and a
stream of vile insults. He had to bodily remove her from the hamfest
site and came back to apologize.

I don't know what awful experience she had that set her off -- if any
-- but my experience with her sure left an impression on *me*.

....of course, there are the internet-tough-guys here as well --
mII/Michael Moore is mild. The worst was a guy known only as "Jim"
who I dubbed "Psycho Jim," who spent all his time here exulting about
how "Yanks" died in the Twin Towers and swearing like a Tourette's
patient.

....as for you, well, if you want to come here or are here, welcome!
Please do remember that you are a guest and act accordingly -- I do
the same when I'm in your fine country, and am as embarrassed by the
"Ugly Americans" as you should be by the "insecure Canadians" who spew
here.

--
Eric F. Richards

"Don't destroy the Earth! That's where I keep all of my stuff!"
- Squidd on
www.fark.com