Old May 8th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ric Trexell Ric Trexell is offline

Default BBC about us "Bad Americans"

"download.com" wrote in message
I just listened to the BBC interview groups of people from around the

world
about why we (Americans) are the most hated race/country in the world!!

I live in the Philippines and I can see that we are hated here also;

all
they want is our money. They all hate us but the next word out of their
mouth is can you help me get to America or do you have a son that can

marry
my daughter!

************************************************** **************
Having been in the Navy during the Vietnam war, I was at Subic many times
and saw first hand the conditions that the people live in. I also visited
Manila and found it was very nice. As to why a lot of people around the
world hate America is very complicated. Some have good reasons too. The
mindset of many people though is not Christian based but is money based.
Also, there is not the understanding of how education can change things. If
you look at the founders of this country, they were for getting their kids
educated as best they could. I don't think that was true in other countries
until later years. Also, some people have superstitions that have held them
back. Dictators fear their subjects becoming Christian because the way they
control people is through fear. Take away the fear of death and you start
to lose your power. Population control is not the way to change the world,
taking the gospel to the world is the only way. Ric in Wisconsin.