Old May 8th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison Richard Harrison is offline

Default Phase Shift through a 75m Texas Bugcatcher Coil

Cecil, W5DXP wrote:
"No, just that phasing of RF signals is what is confusing the DC gurus,
just like AC phasing confused Edison."

In W8JI`s pages I found this on the subject of "Mobile antennas, short
verticals, loading" :
It`s long and Tom warns about taking anything from context, so it should
be searched out and read in its entirety. I have no quarrel with most of
Tom`s pages but find this statement curious:
"When current flows in the transmitter-end of the coil, a magnetic field
is created. The time-varying magnetic field causes charges in the other
turns to instantly move."

Instant movement of charges is instant current, and everyone knows that
current in a coil lags the voltage.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI