Old May 8th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tommy Tootles Tommy Tootles is offline

Default BBC about us "Bad Americans"

Ric Trexell wrote:

As to why a lot of people around the world hate America is very
complicated. Some have good reasons too.

Ric, yes they do and at least one reason for their hate just might be
related to -us- poking our noses into -their- business...like tinkering
with their elections, installing -our- leaders in -their- country like
the Shah of Iran. The Iranians aren't stupid. They remember that and are
still ****ed. In the late 1890s, we (the U.S.) caused 10 or 20 thousand
Filipino military deaths and 250,000 to 1,000,000 civilian deaths,
something I'm sure they weren't real happy about and I'm sure they have
not forgotten.

The mindset of many people though is not Christian based but is money
based.

I'm not sure where you are trying to go with this. A LOT of Christians
are "money based". Kenny Boy Lay and Jeff Skilling of Enron, Bernie
Ebbers, the Worldcom guy, Kozlowski of Tyco and Scrushy of HealthSouth
were all good Christians--and definitely "money based".