Old May 8th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Eric F. Richards Eric F. Richards is offline

Default (OT) : M II - Be Proud And Happy That You Are A Canada -and- Grow Out Of The American Angst !

Tommy Tootles wrote:

Eric F. Richards wrote:

...as for you, well, if you want to come here or are here, welcome!
Please do remember that you are a guest and act accordingly -- I do
the same when I'm in your fine country, and am as embarrassed by the
"Ugly Americans" as you should be by the "insecure Canadians" who spew
here.

Eric,
Thanks for your thoughtful comments. My only question for you is are the
Canadians "insecure and spewing" or just telling what *they* perceive as
(unpleasant) truths that *we* may not enjoy hearing???

I don't know.

Things like the Canadian content rule with Canadian broadcasters, and
a joke circulating years ago about a contest to fill in the blank: "As
Canadian as _____" had the winner "As Canadian as possible under the
circumstances." -- those two things would lead me to believe in an
undercurrent of insecurity, or at least resentment at the American
influence.

I haven't *lived* in Canada, though, so I don't think I can say with
any real evidence one way or the other.

--
Eric F. Richards

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- Myron Glass,
often attributed to J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940