Old May 8th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] miso@sushi.com is offline

Default What would I hear on a 300 GHz AM Radio Receiver?

On May 7, 10:38 am, Radium wrote:
Hi:

If my location is in southern California, what would I hear on a
"DXed" 300 GHz AM Radio Receiver? Would there be a specific difference
between what I would hear at night and what I would hear during the
day?

On medium-wave station, I notice the interference -- in the form of
tones -- to be louder at night than the day. Does this difference also
apply to extreme shortwave frequencies as high as 300 GHz?

NOTE: I am aware than 300 GHz is most likely FM, not AM. However, am
still curious as to what I would hear on a 300 GHz AM receiver.

Thanks,

Radium

I have an old Microtel "receiver" with a 100GHz limit on the dial.