Old May 8th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Eric F. Richards Eric F. Richards is offline

Default (OT) : M II - Be Proud And Happy That You Are A Canada -and- Grow Out Of The American Angst !

Cato wrote:

Cato replys: As a Canadian, I am sorry that you had such a bad
experience with one of my fellow citizens. For what it is worth, I'm
sorry that that incident took place. [...]

While your sentiments are appreciated, they somewhat miss the point.

The point is that for some reason some Canadians feel the need to
constantly make negative comments about the U.S. I'm not talking
about just mouth-breathers like mII here but about very intelligent,
well-travelled people, who feel it is normal to come to the U.S. and
make derogatory comments.

To me it is the equivalent of going to dinner at a friend's house and
then spending time there making fun of his wife's ass.

It just isn't how you behave as a guest!

Canada and the U.S. are different. A citizen from one, living in the
other, is bound to get some cultural surprises now and then. But it's
hardly the sort of thing that should generate the venom that it does.

Gawd knows that we in the U.S. have our problems. But, by and large,
we try to address them. Unfortunately, those who *don't* try to
address them tend to be the loudest and most ignorant of the bunch.

Fortunately, they're usually quiet unless you poke them with a stick.
The Canadian counterparts, by contrast, like being loud, ignorant, and
enjoy poking at people with a stick.

I, personally, am sick and tired of being poked with a stick! So,
while I don't spew stuff about "Canaduh" and so on, it does get old.

--
Eric F. Richards

"This book reads like a headache on paper."
http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/readi...one/index.html