Old May 10th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default F.S. Film Strip Scale for Racal RA.17

Chris Suslowicz wrote:
On the other paw, if you can get Kodalith in 70mm double perf then the
R210 owners of the world will beat a path to your door. (Even the NOS
replacement filmstrips have gone brittle with age and crack when you
try to install them (so I'm told). A great shame, since it's a very
good set (matches the C11 or C13 sender).)

No, but I got a bunch of Tri-X in 70mm with Type I and Type II perfs here.
Might have something higher contrast too. How long is the strip? You
ought to be able to contact-print it if it's not too long.

70mm Type I is still very popular for aerial photography. I don't know how
much longer that will continue, though.

If the filmstrips are brittle, you might consider using Filmguard on them.
It is very good at softening up old acetate films; I have had 35mm prints
that were stored in attics and could not be projected which, after being
soaked in filmguard and left for six months, softened up nicely.
--scott