Old May 11th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Electron ratio to form a radiation field

On 10 May, 13:58, "Frank's"
wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message

t...

art wrote:
I am aware that the impedance of a particular
atmosphere is 377 ohms but that is certainly not a ratio.

From:http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...845268,00.html

Frank, you got my attention when you pointed to the above link.
I read it a few times and 377 ohms was refered to as Zo. I can't find
any reference
that states Zo is a ratio. Did you intend to point to another link
that specifically points
to Zo is a ratio? Surely you are not following in the steps of others
where anything can be written
right or wrong as long as it creats an augument or distress? You
disapoint me!
Some in this group are already thinking it is legal for a ratio to
have units assigned
because of the inference that the link say's it's so which is an
untruth and
you are perpetuating the spread of untruths. This is similar to
another untruth
that is being perpetuated with respect to photons just because one
person
it be so stated. It is getting to the point that if you read it on the
net don't believe it
unless it can be verified

Art

Mathematically, the Zo of free space is equal to the square root of the
ratio of the permeability of free space (ľo) in henrys per meter (H/m) to
the permittivity of free space (o) in farads per meter (F/m):

Zo = (ľo/o)1/2

= [(1.257 x 10-6 H/m)/(8.85 x 10-12 F/m)]1/2

= 377 ohms (approximately)

The exact value of the Zo of free space is 120 pi ohms, where pi is the
ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Also the ratio of E/H. [(V/m)/(A/m)] = [ohms].

Frank- Hide quoted text -