Old May 11th 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Andrew[_2_] Andrew[_2_] is offline

Default Feeding Inv Vee antenna

Question for ya folks.

I took down my co-ax that was feeding my inverted Vee antenna. I replaced it
with 450 ohm ladder line and then at the window I put the 4-1 balun that was
at the feed point and ran co-ax into the house.
Question is.... Is there a better way to feed this sucker..I was thinking
about a co-ax cable balun 1:1 , but might handle the mismatches easier. I
don't care about the SWR on the ladder line since losses so low and it will
all be radiated anyway eventually.
Just don't want the 4:1 to fail one day.

Would love to hear thoughts on this.
Thanks.

VE7REF- Andrew