Old May 11th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison Richard Harrison is offline

Default Like radio, how to make TV to receive all channels?

Rajesh wrote:
"It`s my long time wish to view TV channels of all countries."

For simplicity, gain, and bandwidth, a rhombic is hard to beat.
Risadvantage is size and it is hard to rotate.

Once upon a time, an Australian asked how he coild receive a far away TV
station, and I gave him the details of a rhombic in Arnold B. Bailey`s
"TV and Other Receiving Antennas". The Aussie built it and reported back
that now his screen was illuminated with pictures from the distant
station. Eureka!

Description is: "Four straight horizontal conductors (sides) forming a
diamond. Size at 200 MHz: Two #10 wires each 26 feet long, separated 18
feet at midpoint, overall length 31 feet. Transmission line: 300 ohms
balanced but slightly mismatched (twinlead). Resistance at 200 MHz: 600
ohms. Antenna Zo: 600 ohms (redundant specification it appears).
Termination resistor at distant station end of antenna: 600 ohms. Gain
at 200 MHz: 14.5 dB (or less). Bandwidth at 1 dB down 30%.

Height is not specified, but for TV, usually higher is better.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI