Old May 11th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default swearing on the cb

On 10 May 2007 17:07:23 -0700, ------------
wrote:

+++The hams are wanting to outlaw swearing on cb and frs.
+++
+++Well, I don't like swearing either, but the problem is whose standards
+++do we go by?

*****************

They have been swearing on the CB since the 70's. The worst sounds I
heard on the CB back in the 70's was some dude on the radio causing
and before his signal went off the air you heard an explosion. Then
another time some dude was agitating truckers. During one of his
transmissions you could hear gunshots in the background and him
cussing up a storm. I guess it does not pay to have your radio room in
the front room or front bedroom if you are an agitator.

Then there was the guy who fell asleep at the radio and his head or
hand laid on the push to talk button. For hours all you could hear was
the dude snoring.

james