Old May 12th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) is offline

Default Long inverted V not working well, why?

On Sat, 12 May 2007 12:47:32 -0500, Cecil Moore wrote:

What is the length of your feedline?

That I don't know at the moment. I downloaded your imax.exe program and
ran some numbers.

There sure aren't very many numbers that are good for all bands 160
through 10.

No doubt my feedline is wrong for a lot of frequencies, made more clear by
the fact that there are a few frequencies where my LDG autotuner can't
find a match.

However, how much does the feedline length matter IF the autotuner is able
to find a good match point?

I can get 1.5:1 or better from everywhere in the 160 and 80 meter bands,
and the high end of the 40-meter band (on the low end I can't get below
about 2:1).

I'm about to go outside and try some different feedline lengths.