Old May 13th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Dave Oldridge wrote:
Except we now define its unit in terms of the oscillations of a cesium
atom. And sure, it's relative. But, in the same reference frame as the
observer, the cesium clock is sufficient.

Let me rephrase that to be more accurate, "our time" is about as related
to the real functioning of RF as is a fairy tale told to children which
serves as a "satisfactory" explanation to them on some abstract
functioning of reality.

Although some type of movement seems to be involved in RF (at least at
this present time), it has little to do with our observations of
movement of other objects and phenomenon which is unrelated to RF.
However, it would be difficult to deny a real and accurate "universal
time frame" (UTF) of some sort. It is even quite possible our
understanding of RF, antennas, etc. with greatly expand when we finally
discover this UTF and are able to devise ways to further expand our
manipulations of our use of RF ... time is movement (but the movement of
our earth and atoms are defined by the UTF, NOT the opposite!), if you
view time as anything else, you are most likely in error ...

Regards,
JS