Old May 13th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Tower Shadow Question

On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:45:43 -0400, "Bob D."
wrote:

I'm putting up a Diamond V-2000 (Omni directional 6m/2m/440) on my tower
with a side arm. I've been told to expect some degradation in the 'shadow'
direction. Just how bad will this be in dB? Any affect on other directions?

Hi Bob,

You would have to work extremely hard to optimize that shadow. Any
less work will hardly be noticed. (Look at any of a number of towers
supporting UHF antennas that are generally omni-directional.)

Keep the antenna far enough away so as to not detune it, however.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC