Old May 13th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Tower Shadow Question

"Bob D." wrote in message
m...
I'm putting up a Diamond V-2000 (Omni directional 6m/2m/440) on my tower
with a side arm. I've been told to expect some degradation in the 'shadow'
direction. Just how bad will this be in dB? Any affect on other
directions?

--
Bob D. ND9B

You can go here to find a program that will plot the patern.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/ante...sys-index.html

Here is the name of it.

ANTPLOT - A Side-Tower Mounted Antenna Pattern Prediction Program

Depending on how far from the tower you mount the antenna you can get from a
few db to very deep nulls in many directions.