Old May 14th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IR IR is offline

Default About - Citizens' Band (CB) Radio

Ya Buddy, CB is way more fun, less carcinogenic and infrastructure
reliant. And as the other guy said, after the collapse your cell phone
infrastructure probably won't be repaired. The local party/emergency
line will be CB, FRS, if there's power and time for that... a CB is
a potential radio station... and you can hear lightning and skip, and
what the truckers are doing and your engine...I guess most radio
hobbyists have a CB somewhere in the mix...the comparison to Cellphones
is idiotic. CB is point to point. Cellphones involve lotsa money and
lotsa infrastructure and all you get out of it is a nice radiation
tumor, which will be treated with yet more radiation...

bpnjensen wrote:
On May 13, 10:18 pm, RHF wrote:

Yes "CB" a Thousand Beacons of Blight ! ~ RHF
- - - Don't get me wrong "CB" still has it's uses
-but- a Celfone works better for the same uses
99.7% of the time in the real world.

Yeah, but the CB is 99.7% more fun!

:-)

Bruce