Old May 16th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Dave is offline

Default WTB T1 IF Transformer for a Hammarlund HQ170

The same i.f. pair is used in the HQ-145 455KHz/3035 KHz.

That opens another possible source for replacement.

/s/ DD

Recently restored a HQ-145.

Mark wrote:

I'm attempting to restore a Hammarlund HQ170 receiver for a ham friend
of mine. I discovered through
an initial inspection that the 455KHz section of IF transformer T1 is
burned open. T1 is a combined
3035 KHz and 455 KHz transformer. I have checked local sources for a
spare replacement part to no
avail. If anyone out there in this newsgroup has a replacement
transformer they are willing to sell
please respond to my email address. The Hammarlund factory part number
is M26402-2 There is
a very remote chance of repairing this transformer. In order to do
this I will need to know the equivalent
parallel capacitace value of the 455 KHz section. The value is not
given in the schematic diagram.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.