Old May 16th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave Dave is offline

Default 6BY6 vs 6BE6 in product detectors

The 6BE6 has a transconductance, as an oscillator, of 7250 umhos while the 6BY6
has a transconductance of 1900 umhos, as a Class A amplifier.

Different critters designed for different purposes. Each will work in the
other's circuit, but at reduced performance.

You can compare their specifications he
http://www.pmillett.com/tubedata/HB-3/Receiving_Tubes_Part_1/6BE6.PDF

Tim Shoppa wrote:

Is there any obvious choice in 6BY6 vs 6BE6 in a product detector?

I've subbed one for the other in replacement uses and there wasn't any
hugely obvious differences, but maybe if someone told me what to look

Tim KA0BTD