Old May 17th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Wireless Internet service antenna, radiation

On 17 May 2007 08:21:16 -0700, szilagyic wrote:

Hello,

I am considering getting Internet service through our local wireless
provider. They apparently use either a parabolic antenna, or
sometimes a yagi type of antenna. What kind of radiation do these
antennas emit and in what directions, with this type of service? I am
not sure which receiver they use with these antennas. I have been
trying to find more information and so far have come up empty. I am
more concerned about this for health reasons. We would probably be
mounting this antenna on the side of the house or the roof, and I
would like to determine the best place so there's not a lot of
radiation being reflected in to the house.

Thank you very much for all feedback!

Hi Chris,

There is probably more radiation from your microwave leaking out than
you will find coming from any wireless ISP. More your problem is
getting enough of it, not too much.

For your end of it (transmitting), if your provider gives you a dish
or yagi, it is to purposely keep power levels down and keep an
efficient link up.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC