Old May 17th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default About - Citizens' Band (CB) Radio

On May 16, 4:35 pm, D Peter Maus wrote:

Get a decent converation going, and you'll be surprised at how many
will participate.

Yeah :-)

Your mileage will vary, of course, but if you know how to apply it, a
decent CB rig can indeed be a lot of fun.

Peter, in your opinion, what would constitute a decent rig? I don't
have on just now, but In the old days, I always used off-the-shelf
Cobras and Pearce-Simpsons, usually with a (TUG8) D104 mike attached,
even while I lusted after Trams and Brownings. They always worked
well for me, but then what did I know? Base antennas were, variously,
1/4 wave GPs, a HyGain Penetrator (super antenna!) and a Wilson 6-
element beam (amazing antenna). Mobile antennas were either 1/4-wave
whips or HyGain "rabbit ears" on the gutters - also great antennas.

Bruce Jensen