Old May 19th 07, 07:08 AM posted to alt.ham-radio,alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Verizon Verizon is offline

Default PC speaker buzz from Cingular GSM cellphones

This is normal. Just keep the phone away from the speakers.
"DougSlug" wrote in message
In my office we often experience instances of a "galloping" sort of buzz
periodically coming from the PC speakers near co-workers who have Cingular
GSM cell phones. A preliminary Web search turns up many instances of this
problem. My understanding is that these phones periodically communicate
with the network, and during these brief bursts the carrier is modulated
at around 200 Hz resulting is a clear, repeatable buzz pattern. How is
this buzz getting into the PC speaker amplifier, and, more importantly,
how can it be prevented?

Thanks,
Doug