Old May 19th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
ken scharf ken scharf is offline

Default 6BY6 vs 6BE6 in product detectors

Tim Shoppa wrote:
Is there any obvious choice in 6BY6 vs 6BE6 in a product detector?

I've subbed one for the other in replacement uses and there wasn't any
hugely obvious differences, but maybe if someone told me what to look

Tim KA0BTD

In the famous HBR receiver design by sk W6TC, the product detector was a
6BE6 in the original circuit, but he later changed it to use the 6BY6
claiming that it gave better performance with less cross modulation and
overload.