Old May 19th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Edward Knobloch Edward Knobloch is offline

Default 6BY6 vs 6BE6 in product detectors

ken scharf wrote:
Tim Shoppa wrote:
Is there any obvious choice in 6BY6 vs 6BE6 in a product detector?

I've subbed one for the other in replacement uses and there wasn't any
hugely obvious differences, but maybe if someone told me what to look

Hallicrafters used a 6BY6 product detector
in their highly regarded SX-115 receiver.
Interestingly, they included a 3.3 ohm 1 Watt series resistor
in the 6.3V heater supply for that tube.

73,
Ed Knobloch