Old May 19th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Bulbs -and- Energy Efficient Lighting

On May 19, 11:53 am, Burt Smith wrote:
On May 18, 6:50 pm, wrote:

www.newswithviews.com

I don't like fluorescent light bulbs.From now on when I go to the food
store,I am going to start stocking up on good old G.E.Real Incandescent
Light Bulbs,the 60 Watters.I am going to clean off the top shelves in
the closets in my house and stack em up in cardboard boxes.When fed govt
starts shoving fluorescent light bulbs (so-called light bulbs) down
everybodys throats,I will still be wasteing my electricity that I pay
for on my good old G.E.Real Incandscent 60 WATT LIGHT BULBS.
cuhulin,the Electricity Waster dude.Waste Mo Electricity,you can't take
it with you

I couldn't find the article about flourescent bulbs, but there was a
lot of other
good reading. Thanks for the link.

READ - Energy Efficient Lighting
http://www.eartheasy.com/live_energyeff_lighting.htm
* Benefits of the Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
* Choosing a CFL Bulb
* Limitations, Disposal of CFLs
* LED Lights, Benefits, Uses
* Online Sources for Energy-efficient lighting

GE -says- Compact Fluorescent Lighting are A-OK !
* More about Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL) and
the Power Smart Compact Fluorescent Lighting Program
http://www.eartheasy.com/live_energyeff_lighting.htm
* CFLs a Bright Way to Save Time, Energy and Money !
http://medfordcan.home.comcast.net/Myths.html
* Energy Star - Look for the ENERGY STAR Symbol
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=cfls.pr_cfls
* Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
-about- Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL)
http://www.gelighting.com/na/home_li...aq_compact.htm
* Are Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL)
CFLs a Bright Way to Save Money ?
http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com...escent_faq.htm

WIKIPEDIA - Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp
-or- Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Bulb
-aka- Energy Saving Light Bulb

WARNING - Got Radio Noise ? Some CFLs produce RFI at 2.65 MHz
(5.37.9510.613.2515.918.5521.2) and 13.6 MHz (27.2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact...ther_CFL_techn...

Try Natural {Full Spectrum} "Daylight" CFLs* that are "Daylight"
(5000 K - 6500 K) rated and produce a slightly Bluish-White light.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact...nt_lamp#Colors
LIGHT COLOR = http://www.lightsofamerica.com/light-color.htm
http://www.solux.net/?gclid=CKr0xq_3rYkCFQRDYwodtTThpg

* Note "CFL" means Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL)
CFL = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp

Usually about Three-Times (3X) the cost of an old fashion
Incandescent Electric Light Bulb even those nice GE
"Reveal" Bulbs with the Blue Tint.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_light_bulb

On-the-Plus-Side - CFL's use about 1/4 the Electricity
(Power / Energy) as the older Incandescent Light Bulbs.
ENERGY = http://www.lightsofamerica.com/light-cfl.htm

On-the-Plus-Side - CFL's last, and Last and LAST usually
about 6-Times and up to 10-Times the life of the older
Incandescent Light Bulbs.
SERVICE = http://www.lightsofamerica.com/light-cfl.htm

The-Bottom-Line - Overall CFLs have a 'lower' Lifetime Total Cost
then the older Incandescent Light Bulbs. {They Save You Money}

Good-for-the-Planet - CFL's are simply better for the Environment
then the older Incandescent Light Bulbs.
Note - Most CFLs are "Energy Star" Rated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENERGY_STAR

TIP - I personally like Lights-of-America CFLs that use the
"FluoreX Technology" in their 'SunLight Bulb' which produces
a Natural Spectrum Light to counter the effects of "SAD"
Seasonal Affective Disorder.
SAD = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder
DAYLIGHTS = http://www.activeandable.com/products/241

Note - If you can find them the Lights-of-America CFL
LoA = http://www.lightsofamerica.com/
Model # 2830 S "Mushroom" shaped CFL Daylight Bulb
is rated as a 135 Watt Light Output [ this is a good
'replacement for a 100-150 Watt Incandescent Bulb ]
with only 30 Watts of Energy use. These used to be
about $8.66 at Walmart - but getting hard to find there.
http://www.budgetlighting.com/store/...934339.6451*Q1...

WARNING - Got Radio Noise ? Some CFLs produce RFI at 2.65 MHz
(5.37.9510.613.2515.918.5521.2) and 13.6 MHz (27.2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact...ther_CFL_techn...

incandescently yours for i was born in an age when . . .
real radios glowed in the dark ~ RHF