Old May 20th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Thomas Dermako Thomas Dermako is offline

Default Zenith TransOceanic H500 - help?

Got it from a friend, worked ok but thought i should "clean" it. Sprayed
some automotive electrical cleaner into tube sockets and band selector
area, let it dry, made absolutely sure tubes were in correct position.
Stone dead, maybe a slight hum from the transformer.

I really like this radio and I know it's not worth much, but I'd like to
keep it and hopefully fix it. As I said, it worked ok before.

I'd really appreciate any help on this - what should I try first? I know
next to nothing about electronics but if you speak slow and don't use big
words...

TIA