Old May 20th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
KØHB KØHB is offline

Default need advice on initial station setup

On May 20, 5:06 pm, Jeff wrote:

Basically, I need a decent antenna setup, but can't put
something up 40ft in the air. I don't have any big trees nearby
or any structures that high up to hang the antenna on. Ideally
I'd like a multi-freq antenna setup that is either free-standing/not
too tall or doesn't need to be up higher than maybe 20ft or so.

Your best bet to start out would seem to be a multi-band vertical.
There are many good choices out there from GAP, HyGain, Hustler,
Butternut. Many (most?) are self-supporting or require only minimal
guying with light nylon line. Pound a pipe into the ground, mount
the antenna, and string a few radials, and you'll be on the air.

73, de Hans, K0HB