Old May 21st 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PowerHouse Communications PowerHouse Communications is offline

Default (OT) Fluorescent Light Bulb Warning.

"David" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:28:32 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Additionally, if one breaks in your home, it can cost up
to $2300 to actually clean the place up due to the mercury, this was also
I think
pointed out on NPR or perhaps another network.

I can imagine that once the bulbs are more commonplace that a real estate
sale
might just include testing for mercury and cleanup of any possible
contamination
prior to sale.

Overall, I see it as a no win situation, and plan to stock up on
incandescents.

Urban legend, Sparkie.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cfl.asp

It's only urban legend if you want to believe it is... Area school had a
spill, only trace amounts were found (about as much as is in a large
florescent bulb), yet they still were required to have a HazMat team come in
and clean it up, go figure...
http://www.woodtv.com/global/story.asp?s=5508360