Old May 21st 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roadie Roadie is offline

Default stopRFI group

On May 21, 8:48 am, bill wrote:
If anyone finds any articles or links that they consider flawed or in
error, please email me
at gfreport at hotmail dot com and provide correct information, a link
would be very nice.

So far the only article I've seen is this email. Are you going to be
posting additional documents under this thread on rec.radio.shortwave?

In the RFI world there are often contradictory ways that achieve the
same or very similar
levels of reduction.

While I intend the stopRFI group to mainly deal with SW, 1.8MHz
through 30MHz, RFI
reduction techniques for LW, MW or even VHF/UHF are appreciated and
will be included.

I hope to add a folder on non obvious "RFI" issues like front end over
load and "out of
band" interference such as MW or even FM BCB issues. I found the R2000
does much
better at LF, 100KHz through 500KHz, with the addition of a "Low Pass,
MW reject filter",
such as the one offered by Kiwa.

For my purposes I consider any interference to be RFI and I hope to
include links to
sites that detail how to deal with all of them. For instance the Betts
Preselector can
really help a receiver like the R2000 in crowded band conditions.

Will