Old May 21st 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Magnavox D2935- how to take it apart?

michael_s ) writes:
I've inherited a beaten up old Magnavox D2935 that I want to restore
to some degree. My first challenge with the project- getting the darn
thing open- is proving to be a problem. Does anyone know of hiding
screws or tabs somewhere that must be released? I can't see anything
holding to together except 3 screws and, with those removed, the set
refuses to budge except in the lower right corner (facing the rear).

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I don't know, but often consumer electronic equipment uses both screws
and plastic latches. The latches often aren't aparent, until you actually
get it open, at which point they are obvious, though a tad too late.

Also, they often have screws under labels (which sometimes even say
the warranty is void if the sticker is removed) or in the battery compartment.

Michael