Old May 22nd 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,sci.environment
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default (OT) : Yes You Too Can Be The First In Your Neighborhood To HaveAnAl Gore Carbon Credit's Card !

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
RHF wrote:

On May 21, 4:36 pm, "Vendicar Decarian"
wrote:
"K Isham" wrote

I'm confused, how does buying a Carbon Credit eliminate air pollution?
You issue credits for the production of x tonnes of Carbon, and then allow
the marketplace to decide how to best emit that carbon and maximize economic
dollar output at the same time under the new constratint.

"K Isham" wrote

I read about how Al Gore explained how buying Carbon credits minimized his
"Carbon Footprint' when explaining why it takes $20,000 a month to
electrify his home.
To my knowledge Gore hasn't claimed to have purchased any carbon credits.
He has claimed to have purched carbon offsets. These are completely
different.

Carbon offsets, are basically a contract entered into with another company
to engange in activities that will reduce carbon emissions, or sequester the
carbon emissions equivalent to some component of your carbon emissions. In
Gore's case, the emissions resulting from his home energy use.

Oh, and Gore wasn't paying 20,000 a month to electify his home. Where did
you get that nonsense number?

And his Home isn't a home either, it includes 3 offices, his own, one for
his wife, the secret service, and of course rooms for guests, employees and
those secret service agents as well. And he has occupied it for less than a
year.
(OT) : Yes You Too Can Be The First In Your Neighborhood
To Have An Al Gore Carbon Credit's Card !

VD - So are you the un-official apologist for Al Gore ?
Or actually a Paid Agent of the Democrat Party of the USA ?
More than likely just another dumbass Canuck. It's springtime, and the little
*******s get to run around for a few weeks.

Or as my ex-used to say, "all the little gonads have come out to play."

She didn't care for shortwave radio, either.

Heck, shortwave is always fun. Women come, and women go. Shortwave radio hardly ever
complains and is relatively easy on the wallet.

Actually, I like the Howard Hughes approach...it's cheaper to buy an
airline.