Old May 22nd 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,sci.environment
Vendicar Decarian Vendicar Decarian is offline

Default (OT) : "VD" Has Arrived At A NewsGroup Near You !

"hanson" wrote Nothing but Foolishness.

Meanwhile...

Religious leaders urge action on warming
- May 22,2007 -

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Christian, Jewish and Muslim leaders are urging
President George W. Bush and Congress to take action against global warming,
declaring that the changing climate is a "moral and spiritual issue."

In an open letter to be published on Tuesday, more than 20 religious groups
urged U.S. leaders to limit greenhouse gas emissions and invest in renewable
energy sources.

"Global warming is real, it is human-induced and we have the responsibility
act," says the letter, which will run in Roll Call and the Politico, two
Capitol
Hill newspapers.

"We are mobilizing a religious force that will persuade our legislators to
take
immediate action to curb greenhouse gases," it says.

The letter is signed by top officials of the National Council of Churches,
the
Islamic Society of North America and the political arm of the Reform branch
of
Judaism.

Top officials from several mainline Christian denominations, including the
Episcopal Church, United Methodist Church, Presbyterian Church, African
Methodist Episcopal Church and Alliance of Baptists also signed the letter,
along with leaders of regional organizations and individual churches.
Rev. Joel Hunter, a board member of the National Association of
Evangelicals,
also signed the letter, though that group has not officially taken a stance
on
global warming due to opposition from some of its more conservative members.