Old May 23rd 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MarkAren MarkAren is offline

Default Self Osc Problem

Hi Jack,

Have you tried the PA without any excitation ?

Do you have an APC in the anode line, and an approprate RFC to HT
(with good decoupling to chassis) ?

How about grid stoppers ?

Regards,

Mark

On May 23, 5:23 pm, Jack Schmidling wrote:
I am building an exciter for my 8000 rig. 6AG7 VFO, 6CL6 buffer and 807
final.

I am plagued with the problem that resonance in the final does not agree
with peak power out.

The power peak (watt meter or light bulb) is a considerable twist south
of the plate current dip.

Looking at the output on a scope shows nothing strange about the wave
shape as the amplitude increases beyond the dip.

I have tried neutralizing with coupled links between the input and
output tanks but it makes no difference nor does anything else I have tried.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Jack K9ACT

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:http://schmidling.com/pow.htm