Old May 25th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
The Shadow The Shadow is offline

Default QUESTION: When Did The Term "PERSONAL" Come Into Being a Ham Radio Term???

"Narri Org" wrote in message ...
When Did The Term "PERSONAL" Come Into Being a Ham Radio Term???

Has it been a CB term or has it always been used in Ham Radio?

I've never heard it used before...

73

I started to hear this useage about 10 years ago and in all cases it was being used by someone who came from the CB ranks. Typically, "The First Personal Is" As a quip, I sometimes asked what the last personal was.

Several of these converts used CB 10 codes, passed the good numbers, pedal to the metal, etc

Old timers shudder

Handle here is Lamont (;-)