Old May 26th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default Are pi networks THAT INefficient?

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:15:06 -0400, "Jimmie D"
wrote:

You either have to give the benifit of the doubt to W8QUR or the origonal
poster

Hi Jimmie,

This is absurd on the face of it. Nearly every poster has performed
nothing more than "tea leaves reading" to massage inferences into
actualities. Look at the subject line heading every post and respond
to THAT. I've see nothing in three days that has diverged from my
initial response.

Nor Have I, As a matter of fact I hadnt read your post until just now.

I feel your explanation has credability but we will not know until the OP
further explains his paraphrase.

To mold supposed quotes into a new text that conforms to conventional
thinking does not confer nobility on the source. Using loose
references is, however, the staff of life in this forum.

I dont doubt the nobility of the source but I do doubt its accuracy.
Primarily because of the change of language from "Pi-network" paraphrased
part to "system" in the quoted part. I think it would be very unusual to
refer to a pi-net as a system While comparing a balanced system to a
single-ended sytem with 'system' meaning tuner plus transmission line would
be more logical. This assumption would also fit the W8QRU quote. While I
admit this is best guess I expect the OP to let me know if I am wrong, not
you, unless of course you have a copy of the related article. Either the OP
or W8QRU made a mistake. At this time I am slightly in favor of W8QRU.

This is why I was taught many years ago in Mrs. Mary Ruth Smiths English
class that when paraphrasing someone it is a good idea to retain certain key
words.

Sincerely
Jimmie