Old May 27th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default My first radio

Tommy Tootles wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

I built one of those in the Cub Scouts. Got tired of it pretty
fast, and went straight to the two tube set in the Lions (or was it
Webelos) handbook. That didn't last too long after my mother ran over
it with the Kirby. I was listening to it at the time. She did a lot of
**** like that, too. She killed more model airplanes than Von
Richtofen's. Average life of a modelling project at my house from the
time I opened the box, was about as long as it would take her to go to
the closet and get out the vacuum cleaner.

The S-53A was too big to get into the beater bar. That's when
it finally ended.

Quite a story!

I hope your mom drove a car better than she drove the Kirby. ;-)

She wasn't allowed to drive, after she t-boned a squad car in front
of the library. She was in an eggshell white '58 Impala convertible with
red leather interior, running a Corvette drive train with 2 4bbl Carter
WCFB's.

"He was in the way," she explained to the judge.

I had done some work on the Delco in-dash. And put a better speaker
in the rear panel of the back seat. As well as the twin rear deck antennae.

We could listen to WLS at the Lake of the Ozarks.