Old May 27th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Virgil Smith Virgil Smith is offline

Default Short antennas - info

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good book or journal article on
very short antennas? I'm trying to design the front end for a LF/VLF
receiver and would really like to know the equivalent circuit for
antennas ( both E-probe and loop ) a tenth of a wavelength or less.

I've Googled around and looked at a couple of lowfer web sites. Lots of
cookbook stuff and some approximate formulas for radiation resistance,
etc. but I haven't seen a real definitive treatment of this subject.

What about the oldie-but-goodie book by Kraus? Is that worth investing
in, or is there anything newer or better?

Thanks for any info.

-vs-