Old May 27th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry Richard Fry is offline

Default Short antennas - info

"Virgil Smith" wrote
Does anybody have a recommendation for a good book or journal article
on very short antennas? I'm trying to design the front end for a LF/VLF
receiver and would really like to know the equivalent circuit for
antennas ( both E-probe and loop ) a tenth of a wavelength or less.

________

Lately I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the parameters
associated with electrically short, MW/LF/VLF, v-pol antennas -- including
their inverse distance groundwave fields at 1 km and somewhat beyond,
subject to their specific groundwave propagation loss. The equations are
those found in an I.R.E. publication of the pioneer broadcast consultant
Carl E. Smith, and in REFERENCE DATA FOR RADIO ENGINEERS, published by IT&T.

Here is a sample screen clip:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...Parameters.gif

Please let me know if you'd like to try it out. My e-mail address and
website are shown in the upper right corner of the clip linked above.

RF