Old May 28th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wes Stewart Wes Stewart is offline

Default Subscript test in html

On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:55:03 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

If you have no interest in discussing sub/super scripted math equations
which involve those lovely greek characters, viewing them, stating them,
using them, or participating in the future high math discussions I see
coming on the horizon, you may wish to avoid my future posts.

That can be arranged.

Frankly, I wonder how anyone can get by without proper tools to display
equations properly--it has hampered me greatly! However, if you are of
that mind, DON'T bother getting a proper newsreader and remain back in
the 1980's ...

Frankly, I wonder about the arrogance of someone who decides: "MY
posts are REALLY IMPORTANT and I want to post equations, photos, or
whatever and YOU should equip yourself with whatever tools are
necessary to read MY IMPORTANT POSTS!

[snip]

Yanno, I should have asked, everyone here DOES own a scientific
programmable calculator, don't they? :-)

I happen to have several, but if someone else does not, why does it
matter?

News(group) flash. A lot of folks read groups via slow-speed
connections, cell phones, etc. They want only plain TEXT because it
sometimes costs them money or more important, time, to download all of
the bloat that seems to pollutes the Internet these days.

If you have some REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT html to post I suggest you
put it on a web page and provide a plain-text link to it.

I'm off to 20-meter CW now to do some communicating.