Old May 28th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend an_old_friend is offline

Default An alternative Primer --- challenging rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On May 27, 10:29 pm, John Smith I wrote:
YesMan wrote:
An alternative Primer on Net Abuse, Free Speech, and Usenet
Dave Hayes

The spirit of your post is not only well taken here, it is appreciated
for the thought and logic you have applied ...

Possibly the only point I can find to differ with you on is profanity
and obscenity, these should never be allowed in a forum where the
general population is not wanting of them and one is not expecting them
(most groups are not sex or perversion orientated--the group name should
provide some indication of ones expectations--and these things around
youngsters troubles me ESPECIALLY.)

The rest I will have to give some thought to, however, on the surface
you post proposes sanity--a thing of scarcity these days. And, amateurs
have always been a rag-tag group with a preponderance of misfits, kooks
and loons interspersed with some of sheer genius ... they have no
knowledge of this, the kooks are as likely to think themselves geniuses,
as the geniuses are to consider themselves odd ... go figure.

Regards,
JS

I agreed the problem does become when a cabal takes it on itself to
run off a bunch folks this was the essnese ofthe Code wars online

Myself Yes I choose to resit by fighting fire with fire, a far from
idlea solution I cam to it when posting other people personal info
resulted in harm to them

My "solution" is far from ideal but no body else comes up with
anything other than surrendering my own rights, and ognoring the fact
that You can't in practical terms use a lawyer to track the anymice as
they enage in defamation on mass