Old May 28th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] is offline

Default timer recording radio

On Mon, 28 May 2007 04:17:48 -0700, wavetrapper wrote:
I don't have it, but many people tell me that Total Recorder is a
wonderful piece of software for this. I think it costs under $20 for
the basic version which is more than most people will ever need.

I use Total Recorder. It works very well; can be linked to a .mp3 or .ogg
encoder (to compress the files so you don't use all your hard disk space!
- also, you can copy the files to a MP3 player so you don't have to have a
computer to listen to them) and contains a scheduler built-in. I use it
to record across the top of the hour to (hopefully) catch station IDs on
distant AM BCB stations.

Don't remember the price offhand (I bought it a long time ago) but it's
indeed pretty inexpensive and would not at all doubt $20.