Old May 28th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Fluorescent Light Bulb Warning.

HFguy wrote:

The first generation of LED traffic lights in my area started to fail in
about a year. It looked like there were random failures of each LED
element. I didn't notice if they were part of a string. The newer LED
traffic lights are lasting much longer. I've also wondered why the new
sodium street lights seem to have a shorter life than the mercury vapor
ones they replaced. The opposite is supposed to be true. The sodium
lights can be a serious source of RFI when they start to cycle on and
off at the end of their life. Some people think they have the ability to
make the sodium lights go out when they're near them. It's really just a
coincidence but you can't convince them of that. If you do a Google
search for 'street lights turning off' you'll find all kinds of
testimonials, including paranormal explanations.

One that was replaced last week already has a dead red LED. I saw it
this morning on the way to the Memorial Day ceremony at our Veteran's
Park.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell