Old May 30th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Optimized wideband antenna OWA

On May 29, 8:12 pm, "Jimmie D" wrote:
Seems like back in the 70s I remember some
truck stop special CB antennas built like this that made great claims for
their SWR. No doubt the claim is correct but what is the tradeoff in gain,
cost, ruggedness.....

Jimmie

LOL...A dummy load does great in the SWR dept.. Doesn't mean
I want to use one as a radiator of my precious RF... :/
As far as Art's matching design proposal, I can't see the '98 article
in question, so as usual, my cat has mittens.
MK