Old May 30th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Screw-on telescopic antenna with loose base?

"Ken C" wrote in message
I am using screw-on telescopic antennas for my doppler rig.

These have four dimples at the base securing the tube to the base.

After a while, the tube comes loose from the base and the antenna will
no longer screw off or on because the tube turns freely about the
base.

snip

Any suggestions?

Ken KC2JDY

Hi, Ken,

Maybe you could try a product called "Gorilla Glue." I have been using
it successfully for bonding metal-to-metal (among other combinations) for
about six months. It is unique among my various adhesives in that it
expands about 50 percent while curing. Thus you get a dual effect -- some
adhesion and some physical jamming.

The excess can be trimmed with a very sharp knife or maybe a pick. Good
luck.

"Sal"
(KD6VKW)